Here is a sample copy of the domain name contract we will send you, when you purchase a domain name from us.
DOMAIN NAME PURCHASE AGREEMENT CONTRACT
Domain Name Purchase Agreement
The current owner of the domain name(s) identified below (hereinafter referred to as “Seller”) desires to sell all rights, title and interest in such domain name(s) to the Purchaser, and the Purchaser desires to acquire the same rights, title and interest in such domain name(s) from the Seller. Therefore, it is agreed between the parties as follows:
1. The domain names(s) to be transferred from the Seller to the Purchaser is:
(referred to sometimes herein as “domain name(s)”)
2. The Seller agrees to transfer to the Purchaser all right, title and interest in and to the identified domain name(s), including any trademark rights associated with the domain name(s)and all Internet traffic to the domain name(s). Notwithstanding, this Agreement does not relate to any Website content, which shall remain the property of the Seller.
3. As consideration for the sale of the domain name(s) the Purchaser promises to pay the Seller the agreed purchase price amount of £XXXX. (Please note that No VAT is charged on this sale, as we are not currently VAT registered). This sum shall be paid within seven (7) business days from the date this Agreement becomes effective. In the event that payment is not timely received this Agreement may be cancelled by the Seller at the Seller’s sole discretion. The buyer acknowledges the fact that in this circumstance, the seller may decide to take legal action against the buyer for breach of contract.
If the buyer chooses to pay by monthly interest free payments, the buyer agrees to pay the sum of £XXXX (10% of the agreed purchase price) within seven (7) business days from the date this Agreement becomes effective. The buyer further agrees to pay the sum of £XXX per month, every month for X monthly payments. Your first payment is due on or before the (1ST-PAYMENT-DATE) and future payments are to be made on or before the same day of the month thereafter until your final payment, due on the (FINAL-PAYMENT-DATE). Please make payment via monthly online bank transfer or monthly standing order to the following bank account:
Bank Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
Account Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
Acc No: XXXXXXXXX
For International Payments you will need the following additional details:
As the buyer, you fully understand that if you fall into arrears of two (2) Months on your monthly payments to the seller, the domain name(s) may be re-directed back to the sellers website, while we make contact with you to make payment. Should you go over three (3) months in arrears, this Agreement may be cancelled by the Seller at the Seller’s sole discretion, no refunds will be given for any payments made up until this point and the buyer will forfeit the domain name(s). The buyer acknowledges the fact that in this circumstance, the seller may further decide to take legal action against the buyer for breach of contract.
4. After receipt of full payment for the domain name(s), the Seller will within two (2) business days ** take the necessary actions required to change the registered ownership of the domain name(s).
** Where the buyer has paid for the domain name(s) by debit or credit card or by PayPal, the domain name(s) will be transferred to the buyer after the one hundred and eighty (180) day chargeback period has expired, and within one hundred and eighty seven (187) days. The domain name(s) will stay under the sellers control during this time, but may be forwarded as requested by the buyer via NameServer, DNS IP ADDRESS, or Simple Website Re-direct to a URL. Where the buyer is paying for the domain name(s) by monthly interest free payments, the domain name(s) will be transferred within seven (7) days after the final payment has been made. The domain name(s) will remain under the sellers control and remain the sole property of the seller during this time, up until the domain name(s) has been paid for in full. During this time, the domain name(s) may be forwarded as requested by the buyer via NameServer, DNS IP ADDRESS, or Simple Website Re-direct to a URL.
5. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to in any way limit the right of the Seller to purchase, own, create and/or maintain other domain names or websites.
6. The seller agrees not to divulge the sale information regarding this domain name(s) unless explicitly authorised to do so by the buyer. The buyer may divulge the sale information regarding the domain name(s) as they see fit, without the prior explicit consent of the seller.
7. All sales are legally binding and cannot be reversed or refunded.
The 14 day cancellation period referred to in the sale of goods act does not apply to internet domain names. Internet domain names are excluded from the 14 day cancellation / cooling off period referred to in the sale of goods act. This is because internet domain names are classed as ‘investment’ type products subject to speculative purchase and where the price in the financial market may vary. They are further excluded on the basis that they are classed as bespoke goods. The seller reserves the right to take legal action against the buyer for breach of contract if the buyer fails to pay for the domain name(s) in full and / or requests a cancellation or refund. The buyer understands that no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
8. This Agreement states the entire agreement between the parties concerning the purchase and sale of the identified domain name(s) and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, or representations with respect thereto. Any addition or modification to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. This Agreement is made under and shall be construed according to the laws of United Kingdom, governing England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. In the event that this agreement is breached, any and all disputes must be settled in a UK court of law.
9. If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Agreement as a whole.
10. The effective date of this Agreement shall be the date signed by the parties. If the parties sign on different dates, the effective date shall be the date of the last signature.
WHEREFORE, the parties acknowledge that they have read and understand this Agreement and voluntarily accept the duties and obligations set forth herein.
DOMAIN TRANFER E-MAIL:
(FOR UK DOMAIN TRANSFERS
© Copyright StubbsDomains.co.uk 2015